My Limitless card is up for renewal in a few weeks and I was curious about whether it was a worthwhile investment (it was).
I wanted to document what movies I saw though this is hardly a model of the scientific method (I’m happily retired, ergo I have more time than most, and I also have access to what I’m affectionately calling the ‘CEA loophole’ where I can take in a plus one at no extra cost, again for free).
Also I’ve turned movie-going into a habit and finally gotten over my anxiety about crowded spaces. Repeat viewings are either due to boredom, someone/me wanting to go or a genuine love of the movie (Arrival, I’m looking at you because you emotionally broke me but I heart you). There were also a slew of good movies out during 2016-17 and I travelled a bit (which allowed me to see movies elsewhere, like during my trip to Bath with Shannon).
So what did I see?
- Doctor Strange: twice (+1 person at each showing)
- Storks: once (+1 person)
- Inferno: once (+1 person)
- Nocturnal Animals: once (+1 person)
- Arrival: twice (+1 person at each viewing)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: three times (+1 person at two of the three)
- Allied: once
- Moana: five times (!!!! also +1 person at two showings)
- Rogue One: twice
- Passengers: once
- Assassin’s Creed: once (+1 person)
- Sing: once (+1 person)
- The Lego Batman Movie: once (+1 person and a student)
- Logan: once (+ 1 person)
- Beauty and the Beast: twice (+1 each time)
- Life: once (+1 person)
- Ghost in the Shell: once (+1 person)
- Fast and the Furious 8: once (+1 person)
- Hidden Figures: once (+1 person)
- The Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2: twice (+1 person at one showing)
- Alien: Covenant: twice (+1 person per screening)
- La La Land: once (+1)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: once (+1 person)
- Wonder Woman: twice (+2 person at each showing)
- Despicable Me 3: once (+1)
- The Fate of the Furious: once (+1)
- Atomic Blonde: once (+1)
- IT: once (+1)
That’s 40 movies … wow. That’s around £800 worth of screenings for £205, definitely the gift which kept on giving.
renews for 2018