I know, it’s a tradition (I hate it) but here we go:
- Get A Star Filled Sea off to editing and have proofs by Feb, out to backers by the end of Feb/mid-March, ditto BTSBTS.
- Apply to Clarion West and maybe get in.
- Finish my Juran Elaspe project (WiP titles include: Loyal at Heart/The Fractured Era/A Broken World, A Fractured Heart/The Starship Builder’s Soul)
- Kickstart One in Blue, the Other Green and re-Kickstart A World of Strange New Things.
- Finish various Ashteraiverse shorts/novellas including A Question of Faith (Liz Stone #1, possibly a short maybe a novella) and Astraea’s Case Files (maybe a series of short novels).
- Get into Lesser Evils and finish it!
- Submit one story a week to pro markets with the aim of getting a single sale. (That’s not bad, odds-wise, right?)
- Write one stand-alone short story a month.
- Get into at least one anthology.
- Work on rewriting The Music of the Spheres as a YA romance.
- Rework my AW novels and write The Crimson Sea.
- Close Facebook whenever I’m writing. Actually, make that, spend time listening to YouTube videos instead of Facebooking (they’re my white noise).
- Read as much short fiction as possible.
- Completely update my website.
- Quit drinking (my meds specifically say ‘do not mix with alcohol’ … hahahahahahahahahah, yeah … that).
- Take my anxiety meds when I get anxious.
- Go to two Zumba classes a week and try to ease myself into the cross-trainer/treadmill in the gym.
- Try to walk 10,000 steps at least three times a week.
- Cook at home more/take food (breakfast) rather than eating out.
- Take Uni for a free run at least once a week/with Brams and Mhairi where possible.
- Surround myself with people/dogs/cats I love.
- Go somewhere on holiday at least once, even if it’s for a few days.
- Cut down on the coffee, if not the number then the size of the drink.
- Drink more water.
- Go to see a film on my own when I want to see a particular release; I am not wasting a ticket by doing so (Uni can count as my plus 1)
- See someone I enjoying spending time with at least once a week.
- Go to Bath at least twice for ‘writing retreats’/lounging in the spa.
- Actually use my passport for something other than ID.
- Buy one thing I want a month but I have to wait 30 days before making the purchase.
- Play video games one Saturday a month just because I can (rainy days are optional). Also finish Rise of a Tomb Raider.
- Pre-order the books I want to read (Staked by Kevin Hearne, Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan McGuire, The Obelisk Gate by N.K. Jemisin etc) using my Audible credits as they come in.
- Catch up with Shannon at least once this year.
- Go down to London just for ramen/fun/to see Jeff Wayne’s The War of the Worlds.
- Sleep in every now and again (my meds require it).
- Hug Isis, Dion and Ceri daily.
- Watch a beloved movie, something which lifts my mood, on Sunday afternoons after Draft Zero (my crit group).
- Get out of debt, stop using Contactless cards and pay with cash by September/October.
- If I REALLY want something, seek advice before making the purchase (my bipolar means I sometimes rush into purchases; this morning I wanted a new backpack which I do need but don’t have the money for).
- If I’m out of debt by then, look into a new fridge (it’s the last of my aging white goods that hasn’t yet died and I want an American-style one).
- Try to actually put clothes away when they come out of the dryer.
- Start spring cleaning the house/decuttering. Read that Kondo Marie book sitting on my iPad.
- Make shopping lists and try to stick to them. Esp in Waitrose.